FAIRY DOOR IDEAS
Hey, just a real super quick one today, sharing a few pics I took of my little Indi when we discovered these ADORABLE fairy doors (or should that be a-door-able).
Seriously, THE CUTEST! I would totally love to DIY one in my own backyard one day. All I need is to wait another ten years for my tree to grow, ahhhh… Maybe I need another plan.
Fairy Doors // Why We Love
- gets the little people outdoors
- develops imagination and wonder
- encourages nature play and creativity
Fairy Door Magic // Opportunities to Learn
- make a fairy garden path – focus on math concepts of measurement and number
- count how many pebbles/acorns/rocks/gumnuts are on the garden path
- fine motor development – develop fine motor skills while making fairy sized garden items
- oral language – enhance oral language and communication by talking about what the fairies may eat, where are they hiding, what would they wear, how do they fly etc.
- pre-writing skills – make mini fairy letters or mini fairy door signs for the fairies home.
Till next time, ness X